Getting Women To Make Insurance A Career―Not Just a Job!
In this episode of the Ridiculously Amazing Insurance Agent podcast, host Kelly Donahue-Piro interviews Lisa Johnson, Chief Operating Officer at Encharter Insurance. More often than not, “it’s just a job,” but Lisa argues that your career is your greatest power and it can never be taken from you, so why hold back? Kelly and Lisa talk about the benefits of being involved in an industry that is relatively economy-proof because everyone will always need insurance.
- Lisa shares her insurance background. (2:48)
- What’s Lisa’s philosophy on women working in the insurance industry? (5:15)
- Lisa gives her thoughts about working in the insurance industry. (7:35)
- Lisa mentions the part of the job versus career aspect. (10:09)
- Lisa explains why being a problem solver plays a significant role in the industry. (12:50)
- Lisa shares why women have to run towards technology. (16:12)
- Lisa explains why the best ideas come from the people who are putting in the hours every day. (16:49)
- Lisa shares why business owners must have a vision for their business and a vision for themselves. (18:51)
- What are some ways that women can show up in their careers? (23:12)
- Lisa gives a piece of advice to the listeners. (39:48)
- “Ladies, I’m here to tell you that your career is your power and your independence. It can’t be taken for granted. And you may think of it as a job, but I’m telling you right now, you’ve got to change that.” – Lisa Johnson
- “There couldn’t be a better time in the insurance business to embark upon this career. Because we are having the giant sucking sound of all of the boomers who are retiring, and we need people. So, I think it’s a great opportunity.” – Lisa Johnson
- “I think that people who are willing to change and people who are willing to try something new, to me, are the people who are showing up, and come back with feedback. It may not have worked. You need to know how to try and make it different.” – Lisa Johnson