On this episode of the podcast, Kelly dives into the important things for your agency to take on in 2020.
Sales Tip: Finish December strong! You only have 3 weeks in December to hit sales goals, so put the muscle behind it now with a strong call to action to meet goals before the holiday. Also, Kelly will be traveling to meet with clients and is interested in helping you lock in your 2020 rates now with 2019 pricing before the price increase. Book a time to chat with her.
5 Tips to Do Right Now to Be Prepped for 2020:
- Focus on your branding – This is the cornerstone of highly successful agencies. Focusing on branding helps answer the question for your ideal target markets on why they should choose you. It’s more than a logo and colors but it demonstrates how you serve your target clients, where you’ve been, where you’re going, why they should choose you. Most importantly, it’s how you position your agency in front of target markets. Refresh your branding on a routine basis. If it your branding feels flat or dry, contact us for an Agency Branding Guide.
- Have video capability – Video calls with staff cut travel costs and allow agency engagement. Do you have a spare room for video? How can you do video and how can you make it fun? If you can’t do it yourself, consider a freelance video editor. It’s a great way to get your message out and have clientele feel connected.
- Identify the biggest weaknesses in your agency – Common weaknesses include:
- Lack of processes and procedures – Expectations need to be clearly documented so you can hold people accountable to them.
- Do we have the best people? – Address team members causing frustration, implement performance program and determine if they’ll be on the team in 2020. Great employees are 1. teachable 2. have a great attitude. If they don’t have those 2 things, they can’t be great performers. Who’s in charge and who do we have?
- Failure to set goals – Set as many as you like but definitely a book growth goal, retention goal, sales goal, project goal every quarter.
- Time management – We aren’t too busy. The reality are poor with time management. We touch things too many times. We are disorganized without clear priorities. We shy away from the things we don’t enjoy. We should have email and activity organization, uncluttered desks and a plan for someone being out so we do not let a client down and waste time on diffusing an upset client.
- Check out our six month time management plan to eradicate “busy.”
- Check out tips on our blog.
- Embrace first call resolution where as much activity can be done on that call as possible. 80% should be able to be processed on the call. Don’t take a call while on the call.
- Embrace a Training Schedule – Employees are every agency’s biggest expense. If team and payroll are biggest expense, how can we empower them to do a great job? Next year, we are going to have an on demand training service where you can sign up for quarterly training at own pace and speed on great topics. Q1 it will be in Beta testing. Q2 any client or partners will have access to great specials. In the second half of the year, it will be available to everyone else.
At the end of the day, the best we thing can do is arm our staff with how to handle the new challenges for consumers. Have a great holiday season! We are blessed and grateful to be in our 5th holiday season. Be sure to check out our online store and book some time with us if needed on our website. Here’s to another decade and a great time to take control of your agency! Hope to work with you all in 2020.
Connect with Agency Performance Partners:
Tune In to the Ridiculously Amazing Podcast!