If you are trying to make proactive renewal calls here are the best tips on how to go after opportunities in your calls!
Goal-To recommend discounts, increases and other lines of coverage.
Things to Remember:
- You are licensed to educate your client on what they need to protect what they work hard for
- If you don’t educate them, who will?
- Your recommendations help them understand when to call you and you show your value
Talking Points (see your booklet for additional details) :
- Discounts: “I see here you qualify for a few new discounts, I’m so glad we spoke!”
- Increase: “In reviewing your account I noticed something I want to review with you. Let me tell you what I recommend”
- Monoline: “I noticed you are missing the largest discount your carrier offers. Do you mind if I gather a few pieces of information so I can investigate it for you?”
- Multi-Line – Adding Additional Lines They Have With Another Agent: “Did you know we also offer “policy type” here? Your carrier provides a discount when you combine policies and you can also save time and hassle by using one agent. All we need is the following to get started.”
- Adding Umbrella: “Because you have XYZ we recommend an umbrella policy. Let me tell you about it.”
- Life Insurance Referral- “Who is your life insurance agent? When’s the last time it has been reviewed?”