For many agencies they are working on ways to keep people busy, employed and serve their clients who are facing economic challenges. We want to encourage all agencies to share these insurance scripts to help empower your team on how to handle the new challenges that we are all facing. In these times we have committed to producing a daily 3 minute(ish) video to help you start your socially distanced day off right.
Before we dive into scripts we want to provide your team some guidance on working with clients who are facing financial hardships. It’s important that we understand our role in this difficult time.
- We cannot solve all of the client’s challenges
- It’s important we understand our role in the problem – to listen and provide options
- More than anything it’s critical that we are efficient and effective on calls – with people being home and times being difficult we need to make sure we don’t go too far down the path of engaging in a client’s challenges.
We recently wrote a guide on how to be efficient with clients that may serve as some reference.
You need to understand how you can help them, which is pointing them to resources and providing options. Unless you have the cure, this is truly the extent of what we can do to control the situation.
If you want to help support your local restaurants, tip extra heavy to those who are struggling and more important be kind to each other while we all fight a new challenge.
Insurance Renewal Review Script to Include Covid-19
- Introduce yourself as their agent– “Good Morning Mrs. Last Name. This is Your Name, your insurance agent from NAME Insurance Agency. I hope you are well today.”
- State the reason for your call – “I’m calling because your policy name is coming up for renewal and we wanted to make sure we have all the most up-to-date information for your protection and to maximize your discounts. We know this is a difficult time so we wanted to connect with you to check in on you and your family.”
- Thank them for their business– “Before I ask you a few questions I want to let you know how much we appreciate your business. We know you have insurance choices, so if you ever need anything be sure to call us first so we can take care of you. It’s our job as your community partner.”
Call In Script on Reducing Insurance Expenses with Covid-19
- Show Empathy “I completely understand, it’s a very difficult time. Electricity, cell phone bills; it feels like everything is going up. I’m glad that you called so we can provide you the best options for you and your family.
- Educate the Customer “Tell me a little bit about how you have been impacted so I can best guide you. Some carriers are providing assistance to those most impacted.”
- Provide Options “We can review your mileage/payroll and start there. Also, one key discount is combining your policies. It’s a great time for us to look at your X policy so we can provide you the best options.”
- Obtain updated contact information– “Ok, let’s get started. I only need a few minutes. Is this the best number to reach you? Is this the best email address for you? Can you confirm this is your mailing address? In the event we need to reach you, what’s the best secondary phone number and email address?” (Hint: Don’t ask for the information; instead recite what you have on file and ask them to confirm it!)
Selling Insurance During Covid-19
While it is a delicate topic for most agencies we need to make sure we are still focused on selling during this timeframe. Our approach needs to be modified but the bottom line is we are still here to help and provide assistance to those looking for answers. In large commercial lines your role is to foster a relationship – simply asking how can I help and following through helps prospects understand where your heart is. It is CRITICAL you do not do this and ask for a quote. If you truly care, your genuine concern will be clear.
Creating an outbound approach to sales
While we need to still focus on our business health, we need to identify ways to take an outbound approach that is kind sincere and appropriate.
Commercial Asking How to Help: Hello, I know your industry has been impacted greatly during these unprecedented times. As someone who cares greatly about our community may I ask, how can I/we help you right now.
You may be surprised how you can connect other businesses at the same time!
Reaching Out To Review Insurance for Impacted Employees: One way we have been offering to help is by trying to assit your impacted staff. Insurance can be a big budget item for some, we can review their policy and give them pointers on how to reduce these expenses.
Asking for A Referral: I’m so glad we could help you. During these trying times if there is anyone you know who could use help, please let them know we are here. We want to help as many community members as possible.
On every call we need to take the time to cross sell and do all the detailed work. For many agencies they have seen an decrease in sales opportunities.This means we need to get proactive.
Cross Selling On A New Inbound Lead: I know that reducing your cost is your primary objective. Our biggest opportunity is to quote all of your policies. We can do this quickly and provide you with what options are best for your family.
Calling An Ex Date: I wanted to take a moment to reach out to you. I know we are in difficult times and insurance may be a struggle. With everything going on I wanted to check in to see if you wanted me to do a no obligation review of your insurance so we can seee if we can help your family reduce expenses.
These are uncharted times and we need to remember our goal is to be of service. We can be of service by assisting people and providing our services of protecting our community.
Obtain updated contact information– “Ok, let’s get started. I only need a few minutes. Is this the best number to reach you? Is this the best email address for you? Can you confirm this is your mailing address? In the event we need to reach you, what’s the best secondary phone number and email address?” (Hint: Don’t ask for the information; instead recite what you have on file and ask them to confirm it!)